- Tickets are now on sale! Note that prices have gone up, so we recommend getting your limited edition Sponsor Pass early.
- We were awarded the “Genki Grand Prize”! See separate post.
- We met with the Hakodate mayor and discussed how to turn Hakodate into a city of festivals.
- We gave staff recruitment talks at universities around town. Want us to visit your institution? Let us know!
- Our first flier is now being spread around town. Check out the pdf file by clicking the image.
- We are very close to releasing all the details of a fantastic international lineup.
The organisers of WMDF and MoguFes, “Worlds Meet Japan” were awarded the “Genki Grand Prize” by Hokkaido’s main newspaper. The award recognises our efforts since 2008 in bringing together the peoples of different countries and in creating a vibrant and lively (“genki”) local atmosphere. We are grateful for this boost to the profile of our event, and we will work to ensure that it is the first of many honours.
This year’s festival will run for one extra day from Aug 5 to Aug 11, to take advantage of the country’s new “Mountain Day” national holiday. The longest ever WMDF yet! Worlds Meet Japan are working with past collaborators and volunteers, and also with artists around Japan and the world.
Want to be involved? Important dates:
- May 24（Tue）18:30 First staff meeting at Chiyogadai Youth Center
- May 25（Wed) Deadline for application to run Mogu Mogu Festival booths.
Loads of details appearing here very soon, including artist lineup (Jun 10), and full timetable (Jul 0). Let’s meet stacks of new worlds in Hakodate again this summer!