- Theme: Every August. For 30,000 People. Worlds Meet in Japan.
- Successful annually from 2008, including full event in year of Tohoku earthquake.
- Jointly staged Mogu Mogu Festival (world goods and gourmet) from 2011.
- Jointly staged Waku Waku Festival (physical activity) from 2014.
WMDF and other activities of “Worlds Meet Japan” grew out of local and national concerts that founding members staged back in 2003 and in 2006. Many members from the earliest days are still centrally involved.
The map on this page shows how much of the world we have met in Hakodate. Counting “countries & regions” has fuzzy borders… Included in our running total:
- Niue (island country) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niue
- Republic of Buryatia (Russia) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buryatia
- The Chuvash Republic (Russia) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuvashia
- Basque Country (autonomous community), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Country_(autonomous_community)
- Hawaii, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii